Thursday 8 March 2007

Welcome to Urbanite

Welcome.
You were probably just intrigued by the blog address. Well, stay for a while!
So, why am I here?
In short, to try and bring something real to the table. There's nothing out there for the young, multicultural, conscious woman. Nowhere that has the guts to talk about the things that I see on the street, or live on a day to day basis. I'm SO bored with the unrealistic body images, diet after diet, what we can buy to make us happy; of celebrities famous by genes, spouses or lack of clothes becoming journalists, designers, perfumiers, fitness coaches just because of their name.
And another thing...
This is for the many people like me who are more than a label. For the "bounties," the "neeks," the posh and "the hood rats"; the many skin tones between light, olive and dark as seen on the beauty pages, those with thighs and batty that can't fit in topshop skinnies, for those that can, but are fed up with people assuming they don't eat because of it; and especially those that have been made to feel that being DIFFERENT is a bad thing.
So I invite you to Laugh. Relate. Think. 'Cos we're more than hair and beauty.

2 comments:

Ak-Man said...

Are men invited too?

If so i accept this generous offer!

Happy to see your have your blog up and running now! I'll be checking in regularly!

I guess this also means i have to write a lot more to keep my blog moving, moving!

You still gonna write up for my site if need be? You know i like to get the group projects up!

Ak-Man

copper stiletto said...

glad to see you have your own site. I will ad you to my page. Good luck and we'll be reading!!