Wednesday 18 April 2007

Arrrghhhh!!!

The above is the only way possible to explain the rage I am persistantly feeling. I am pissed. Why? I hear you ask? Since when did the UK become the extension of the US? I know Tony's all up in George's grill, but really and truly, lets have a little pride shall we?! Don't get me wrong I went to Miami and it was great. And I cannot wait for the day when someone blesses me with the funds to do Barney's some serious damage (hint: my bday is in August, all donations greatly appreciated). But the Americanisation of British tv is DOING MY HEAD IN. Firstly, can someone please tell me what the reason is for Cat Deeley's existence on American Idol? She's like a f**kin' parrot, unecessarily repeating what Ryan Seacrest just said. What? Do I suddenly not understand english? I know they say stupid things like sidewalk and pronounce everything phonetically (ie. EYE RACK= iraq), but come on, give me some credit. Secondly, remaining with Idol, why does it take another 45-minute programme for them to announce who's going home (even though it's jarring me that Sangya is still there. He's like the American Chico)?
Thirdly, and most annoying: US-style adverts. Imagine the scenario if you will. I've just rushed through everything that I have to do so I'm sitting comfy in my bed, ready for Desperate Housewives. We get past the l'Oreal ad, they kindly bring me up to date about what happened last week and then... another l'Oreal ad. What the...?
Lord, why oh why, did you provide some dimwit with the idea to have a break right after the beginning titles? And to add insult to injury, one right before the credits? Sort it out mate...

No comments: